Monday, January 02, 2006

movie bonanza

My holiday movie bonanza is over.
Before Christmas I was too busy shipping orders and preparing for the holiday to see more than Narnia with the family.
Now that Christmas is past I went into hypermoviedrive and knocked out a few that I had been wanting to see. Here is the summary:

King Kong
I already posted about this 'buggy' movie
RESULT: Stinker

Memoirs of a Geisha
Beautiful enchanting movie. I have a soft spot for anything Japanese so this may bias me. I haven't read the book so there was nothing to ruin it for me. I loved it. Can't wait to see it again.
RESULT: Entertainer

The Family Stone
Diane Keaton is beginning to bug me. I have a feeling I wouldn't like her in real life. Certainly didn't like her in this. I somewhat enjoyed it though.
RESULT: Mediocre

Fun with Dick and Jane
A little on the dark sardonic side. I'm getting sick of hollywood types airing out their politics and personal feelings in movies. I just want to be entertained. Jim Carrey is funny as usual but I felt this one could have been a little bit funnier.
RESULT: Mediocre

ON VIDEO

Millionaire
This quirky British film was fun for the whole family. It got a little twisted in the middle and the way they treated the LDS guys was bothersome. Nice story and pretty well pulled off.
RESULT: Entertainer

Cinderella Man
They blew it with the name. This film was awesome. I loved it. I haven't enjoyed an 'underdog' film this much since Seabiscuit. Russell Crowe may be a bad guy with cell phones but he was great in this film. I usually don't enjoy boxing films, boxing being about the stupidest thing man has invented, but I enjoyed this one.
RESULT: Classic

I hope I don't have to wait until Memorial Day for a decent film again. We'll see what pops up in the next few months.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Alright d00d. If you liked Geisha that much I'm going to go see it. I will open my mind due to your inspiration...

You better be right about this!

;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home