Tuesday, November 29, 2005

360?

I may be arriving a little slow to the party with this realization. I just figured something out today. I've been watching all the hoopla over Microsoft's newest version of the trojan horse, the Xbox 360, and until today I had never asked myself what the '360' was all about.
Duh.
I finally figured it out today. Go ahead, call me slow and stupid.
My answer. You see the 360 is Xbox version 2. Sony is just about to release it's 'third' version of the Playstation. M$ didn't want to be one number behind going head to head with Sony. So in a logic that only really makes sense to the yahoos at Microsoft marketing, by putting a '3' in the name of Xbox version 2, the 'perception' by the consumer will be that both Playstation3 and Xbox 360 are in the same generation. Aside from looking at technical details, which is what really matters by the way, these boxes really aren't in the same generation. Sony has a jump on M$. Only time will tell if the M$ 'logic' and billions will dethrone Sony.
Now, I can go back to not caring.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 AM , Blogger Mike said...

heh... hadn't considered the importance of the "3" in 360... Nice job.

Guess that makes me even slooooower and stoooopidder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home