Saturday, December 17, 2005

Narnia


Thanks to Raq we scored free tickets to see Narnia this afternoon. We've been planning a family trip to see this film for over a week now. It was excellent. I think I actually enjoyed it more than the book that I recently read. I especially enjoyed this film knowing that C.S. Lewis had written it intentionally with very strong Christian symbolism. I enjoyed watching my daughter be visibly moved when Aslan was killed. She was also thrilled that Peter was riding on a unicorn one of her latest loves. The unicorn, not Peter.
Anyway, I think this could have been one of my all time favorite stories and films if it hadn't been for the dreaded 'fantasy factor'. Yes, some people just can't leave well enough alone and have to put weirded out non-human characters in their stories. It really really bothers me. Even the animals talking didn't bother me so much. I kinda liked mom and pop beaver, they were cool.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Awesome movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home