Saturday, December 17, 2005

Good Grief


I keep getting reminded over and over how our world is changing. Going to Hell to be more specific.
I was watching TV with Shelby last night. Charlie Browns Christmas was on. This was a show I grew up watching every year. It felt great to sit and watch it with my own daughter. I had forgotten some details about this show. Like when Linus is quoting scripture from the bible! I was shocked. I don't think I ever consciously noticed that before. What was even more shocking to me was that I was shocked. There is no way that anything being produced currently circa 2005 would ever include something like this. Any hint of religion has either been sanitized out or, thanks to South Park, it has been vulgarized to the point of being way over the top offensive. I ask myself, why don't we just get it over with and rename CHRISTmas 'Winter festival'. Because I'm just not seeing a whole lot of CHRIST anywhere. Not in the mall, not on TV. Luckily I still have Christmas music. A good portion of what is still being broadcast is refers to what we are really supposed to be celebrating. So, in good ol Charlie Brown tradition I'll end with, "Good grief, where is the CHRIST in Christmas?!?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home