Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Yeah, right


The best laid plans of mice and men.
About a week ago a radar trailer showed up right in front of our house. Cool! Or so I thought. You would think that this is just what you would want right smack dab in front of your home all the time. WRONG! I was shocked at the unintended side effects of such a proposition. Yes, it does tend to slow down the 'regular' traffic during the day. But, everyone, including adults, in an 8 block area has now come to my street to see 'how fast' they can get their bike, gas scooter, electric scooter, motorcycle, crotchrocket or lawn mower to go. It's a miracle no one has been killed yet.
Now, I'm not one to call the cops on my neighbors. It has to be pretty bad before I would pick up the phone. This fiasco almost pushed me over the edge. I even sent my kids with a piece of paper and duct tape to cover up the radar emitter. I thought this might foil all the fun without calling out the cops. Unfortunately that didn't work, I must need something thicker than a piece of paper.
Sheesh.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Okie said...

So how fast have YOU gone by it? ;)

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Is it still there?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home