Tuesday, January 10, 2006

iMac of the apocalypse


The iMac of the Apocalypse has come. I had my parka and long johns on while reading the webcast of Steve Jobs' MacWorld keynote address today just in case hell did indeed freeze over. It didn't. Just another bit of evidence that my expectations in life are way off target. I would have never predicted this. An intel chip in a Macintosh computer. Well, it looks the same and behaves the same as previous Macs and they are reported to be several times faster. Nothing to excite me just yet. Maybe when the new tower machines come out later this year I can get jealous and excited again. This is the first MacWorld in several years and maybe even ever that I am not salivating over something Steve showed in the keynote. Just as well, I can save my money.
I do feel sorry however for those that just bought iMac G5's for Christmas. That's gotta hurt!

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM , Blogger Mike said...

No kidding... so glad I didn't buy anything within the last few months!

Those MacBook's (odd name) look pretty nice, and I'm really tempted by the new iMac, but I will wait for the new towers to come out before making a decision.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home