Monday, July 03, 2006

Almost Here!!!

Ok, I had to post this. This is a cool thing. Maybe all the other airlines are doing this and I just haven't stumbled across it yet, but Jet Blue has this uber-kewl online flight tracker. As you can see from the pic it is graphical and shows the progress of your flight. The pic below is the GuadSquad's flight to Utah to come visit for the 4th of July.

One cool thing is that you can see that the pilots avoided some thunderheads on their way into SLC. You can tell by the track they took and the doppler radar info superimposed on the map.
Well, I thought it was cool anyway.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

That's pretty cool. Now, if you could just contact someone on board. That would be even cooler!

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Kevin said...

I tried standing out on the road with my semaphore flags but that didn't produce any results. Well, I lied, it didn't produce any results from the 'plane'.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Okie said...

That is uber cool. I like it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home