Friday, June 16, 2006

Me too, me too!!!



First off I want to qualify what I'm going to say here. I could be wrong. Yah, I actually said that. Now, pick yourself up off the floor and continue reading.
I've been seeing info about this for weeks now and I've just brushed it off. But, I've seen enough that now I believe there is truth to it. Microsoft is developing their own MP3 player. Of course they will call it a "media and entertainment device". Whatev. All they are really doing here is playing the 'me too' game. I've spent enough time on M$ campus in my career to know that Apple's iPod/iTunes success is just eating at the Microsoft execs. It just galls them. They HATE it. They own iPods.
So, once again M$ is going to throw literally billions of dollars at something because their jealous. What a waste of time and talent. Stick with mediocre software guys it's what you're best at!
Now, again, I could be wrong, but, I think their headed towards disaster. I can't wait to see what they come up with. In typical M$ version 1 fashion their initial foray is going to be hideous, huge and it probably won't work well. They have their main XBox guy Robbie Bach working on it. That should tell you something right there. No matter how hard they tried M$ Xbox couldn't make their box smaller or even as small as their rivals. It looks like the next rev of PlayStation and Nintendo Wii are going to be much smaller than the current xbox. So, why do we think they're going to be able to pull off something that can compete with the iPod?
I have a feeling the folks in Cupertino aren't too worried. It will just give them more fodder for funny commercials.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Blogger Okie said...

Yeah....M$ loves the "me too" game and they're willing to blow as much money as they can to try and take down any other competitors that use/sell technology.

As much as I appreciate competition in the marketplace and its ability to drive innovation and creativity, MS has been sliding off in both the "innovation" and "creativity" lately and gotten more into a mold of following and just trying to brute force their way to the top.

I honestly think MS has some rough years ahead...and believe that even Bill G. is seeing the writing on the wall and that's a large part of the reason he's separating himself more from the company.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home