Monday, June 06, 2005

The end is here

Apple announces switch to INTEL.
Not much info yet. I'm interested to see how they spin this.
This does not leave a good taste in my mouth. I'm sure Mac software devs are not super happy about this either.
Switching away from IBM chips just when the big 3 video consoles are switching to IBM is strange.
However, I must say this, with Steve Jobs in charge you can't really count anything out. This could prove to be a huge thing for Apple, although I can't see how right now.

In the words of the Carpenters, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down..."

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger Mike said...

I dunno... OS X at 3.6GHz and a lower cost? It looks like the right decision considering Apple could't deliver a G5 laptop with out starting a fire.

I'm wondering if the Intel platform will bring a massive amount of new software development to the Mac?

Guess I'm waiting again on my purchase until the fog lifts a little... :-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home