Monday, May 16, 2005

Naughty Newsweek

So, you have to wonder about the American media lately. They are so hell bent on well, sending us all to hell in a hurry that they can't stay out of their own way.
First (I shouldn't say first but oh well) there was the CBS debacle about Pres. Bush's National Guard service. Oops.
Now Newsweek has joined in. They claimed that American guards at Guantanamo Bay were using the Quran as toilet paper etc. Wow. That's a huge thing to claim when you really didn't have anything to back it up. 16 people died in Afghanistan over the weekend in protest against 'America' for doing this heinous thing. Only problem is it didn't happen. I for one am getting sick of the media 'getting away' with the crap they do. I don't feel I can trust anything I watch or read anymore. Where is the truth? If you listen to the liberal media the truth is held in very close control by the Democratic National Party. Hmmm. Maybe the DNC should just start publishing their own newspaper and monthly and weekly magazines. Oh, I forgot they already have the New York Times, CBS and Newsweek. Ooops. I guess I should check my facts before I say anything.
I read this article in US News last week. At first it scared me. It talks about the state of the media in the year 2014. I couldn't see how you could ever get anything correct in the future this article predicts. But now after this Newsweek mess I'm wondering if maybe this predicted future may not be better after all. Read it for yourself and let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is increasingly obvious to me that true, honest journalistic reporting has gone to the hot place in a hand basket, and I don't mean South Africa! It's certainly not what I learned in J School nor what I have practiced professionally all my life.

 
At 11:27 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

For one, South Africa isn't all that hot. The Sahara, and other parts of the Middle East, now that's hot.

As for the article, I think there are many things that will change, music, entertainment, and certainly the news. Who watches the news now? Or reads the paper now? My wife reads the Sunday paper and that's about it. They just sit in our driveway and stack up until one of us goes out and picks them up and throws them away. What a waste, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home