Friday, April 29, 2005

DON'T PANIC

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

I saw "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" this morning. There was a pretty geeky crowd there. Made me a little nervous to tell you the truth.
So, somehow I missed out on all the hoopla over the Hitchhiker books etc. back a couple of decades. I think I'm glad I did. This was one weird film.
(Trent, if you're reading this, I now know what it would be like to be inside your brain ;)
But seriously, this 'story', if you can call it that, is a perfect example of what happens when you take drugs and try to write. Correction. This is what happens when you take a LOT of drugs and try to write. There really is no other explanation.
No Trent, I'm not insinuating anything.

It's going to take me weeks to get some of this film out of my mind. Funny thing is that I'm not entirely sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Oh well. I laughed and I killed a couple of hours where I literally did not think about anything else going on in my life right now. That's a good thing.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Having read all the books SEVERAL times I can understand how someone who's only exposure to Hitchhiker's Guide is this movie, might be a little weirded out. However, speaking as one of the geeks (I forgot to take my towel to the theater!) I have to say they did about as good of a job one could do with this story.

I really enjoyed it.

As for all the stuff you can't get out of your head from the movie... please... Don't Panic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home