Friday, June 08, 2007

On Mitt and Mormonism

I ran acrossTHIS article the other day and want to share it.
There is an organization called, The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. They held a forum recently that gathered several members of the national media to discuss Mormonism and specifically how Mitt Romney's Mormon faith will play into his politics and his public life during the presidential campaign.
It was extremely interesting. I recommend anyone who is interested in faith and politics read this. It is a little long but is full of some great information both on Mormonism itself but more importantly what the national media impression and thought is on Mormonism.
I am not fond of the national media lately but I was very impressed with the people on this panel. They posed some very thoughtful questions and shared some very interesting personal insights.
I would love to hear each of your thoughts after reading this article.

5 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. That was a really interesting read (albeit long..took me a few days to get time to get through it). I was really impressed by Bushman's intellect and ease of conveying concepts. I applaud his candor about some hard things to convey, but also being careful about overstepping his bounds. It's amazing these major networks are writing this in-depth of articles, but most mention "I don't know much about the doctrine", etc. I wouldn't expect them to have the missionaries over, but... :)

 
At 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting...nice to see honest searching questions and openness...I have to say that the sheer fact of Romney running for office is to me a fantastic plus in opening doors and dialogs...Go Mitt! Maybe they'll finally let us be Christians!

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

A friend of mine sent me the link to this article last week. I started reading but haven't quite finished. I good, fair read if you ask me.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great article KC. Thanx for posting it.

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ebmeesea: I appreciate your comments, but I consider myself a true Christian, even without 'their' permission.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home