Thursday, April 19, 2007

Review: Together (subtitled)



A co-worker of mine lent me one of his Netflix DVD's recently. I ripped it and have been watching it during some boring moments at work. It's called TOGETHER and I really enjoyed it. It is a foreign film in Chinese with English subtitles. I highly recommend it. Very well done and very enjoyable. A good family film. Your kids will enjoy it as well if they can keep up with the subtitles.

A young violin prodigy travels from a small village to the big city (Beijing) to find a teacher and mentor to help him develop his incredible talent. Challenges are faced and new friends are found along the way. It is heartwarming and devoid of the complex action and emotional manipulation found in so many Hollywood movies currently. If you are surfing Netflix looking for something to watch you should definitely check this out. This almost makes me want to subscribe to Netflix so I can have the chance to see gems like this more regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home