Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2007 is not 1995

I've been reading a blog for the last several months that I want to share. It is called Roughly Drafted. This guy is decidedly a 'Mac guy' but if you read enough of his stuff you will see he is fair. He is not afraid to point out problems with Apple's products or strategies and will give credit where credit is due when talking about MS and windows stuff. He does a good job of providing data and plenty of press quotes. The articles are not short and sometimes can be hard to follow if you don't know much about the specific part of the industry he is writing about. For example, he has written several excellent articles on Apples iPhone, but gets down and dirty in discussing the merits of using 'EVDO' vs. 'HDSPA' for broadband networking. I learned a lot by reading those articles but honestly I didn't understand a lot of it.
The main reason I am bringing this up today is that I just read his article, "Windows 95 and Vista: Why 2007 Won't Be Like 1995". After using Windows Vista for 3 weeks I have my own thoughts on this subect that I will post soon, but I really wanted to share this article. It does a great job of putting into words what most Mac people have instinctively known for over a decade now. Windows really is inferior. If you can get past the deafening hype, lies and misinformation from Redmond you can see it clearly. Read the article and share your thoughts, I'm really interested to know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home