Thursday, May 24, 2007

CAMIE Awards


The CAMIE awards are an award for films, both theatrical and television, that are created with 'Character' and 'Morality' in 'Entertainment'.
Here are some of the 2007 winners:

Akeelah and the Bee
Charlotte's Web
Eight Below

TV
Candles on Bay Street
The Water is Wide

I am glad to hear that amongst all the award shows foisted upon us each year there is one that focuses on good uplifting entertainment. I have seen many of the winners and now have a LIST of others to rent and watch with my family knowing they will be safe and of good quality.
Bravo to those who are championing the Camie awards effort. A breath of fresh air in the sullied cacophony that is currently 'Hollywood'.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM , Blogger Okie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Okie said...

I can sadly say that I've seen none of the films on the list.

However, I have kept intending to rent Akeelah and the Bee. It looked like a fun movie.

We rented and watched the old Charlotte's Web a few months ago...for some reason, my kids wanted the old one instead of the new one. I'm not sure what the differences are (other than animation/cgi).

Eight Below looked interested...although every time I saw the preview, I kept thinking of a different Disney movie. Admittedly, that one is fiction AND is in a different setting. Still, it looked like it could be a good story.

Of the other Theatrical releases, I hadn't heard of One Night with the King but it sounds interesting based on what I found and read. I'd be interested to see The Nativity Story sometime...depending on how well it's done, it could become a Christmas tradition (alongside A Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home