Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hot Summer Nights

This is for those of you who have been following Global Warming. Whether you believe in it or not it has become a 'thing'. It has become part of our venacular and a day doesn't go by that it doesn't show up in the news in one form or another.
For me, the jury is still out on whether it is a real phenomena or not. Whether it is what 'they' really say it is. The fact that we have only been keeping temperature records for close to a hundred years tells me that there could be larger 'patterns' at work that we don't have data on. Whether you believe it or not something is happening and you cannot dispute that. Here is another example of something that has been going on related to 'Global Warming'.
It has to do with night temperatures in the summer time. Evidently there is overwhelming evidence that for several years now we have had very high summertime nighttime temps. The article explains it a little better than I am.
A couple of weeks ago our local weatherman , Mark Eubank, showed some graphs of how this has been happening locally here in Utah. It shocked me and you could tell he was 'impressed' by the data as well. I wish I could find the charts somewhere so you could see the data. It really was striking how much warmer our summertime nights have become in just the last 5-7 years.
I must admit that the more I see stuff like this and see how striking the change is I get closer to believing that Global Warming is real and that it is not just a 'pattern' or a 'cycle'. Only time will tell I suppose. In the meantime I will crank up the A/C grab a nice cold soda from the fridge turn on my large screen TV crank up the surround sound and watch all the lights go out in LA ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home