Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Drunkers Part 2

I found some answers to my question in my last post about Mel Gibson's self destruction.
The article included this statement:

"Dr. Marc Galanter says alcohol can often cause people to say things they normally wouldn't—and doesn't necessarily mean those statements should be taken at face value. "When people are heavily intoxicated, they often say things that relate to issues that may be on their mind, but don't necessarily reflect their true attitudes as they'd express them when sober," says Galanter, director of the alcohol and drug abuse division at New York University Medical Center. "You end up with a person whose judgment is compromised, who has trouble thinking clearly, and whose memory may be affected.""

It's one so called 'experts' expert opinion and it sounds about right to me but I still wonder if it's really true.

Assuming this is true where did the words come from that Mel spewed the other night? There has to be some reason that he would say something like that even if he is drunk and not coherent and in control of his conscious thoughts etc. It makes me wonder what I would say in the same situation. Maybe I should give it a try and see what comes out. Now hold on, before you get all concerned. Whatever I might say I won't be responsible for. Right?

3 Comments:

At 5:21 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Let me know when you take (drink) this test. I'll participate with you.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Mel Gibson is an old drunken anti-Semite.

Is it unfortinate that he is a drunk? Yes. Is it sad that he is an anti-Semite? You bet. He also pissed off a lot of Liberals by making tons of cash with a Christian film--and for that he is hated. Anyone else, say a certain black lead (Jesse Jackson) can be forgiven their anti-Semitism and general hatrid because for Libs, free speech is king and forgivness under any circumstances is required. Unless you're a Christian... Hollywood has to draw the line somewhere.

I don't believe it will matter as far as his career goes. Everyone knows the Jews run Hollywood and mad Mel has made many of them very wealthy. The almighty shekel is king and we all know any Jew worth his matsa would sell his Grandma for a few more. (Sorry, I started early today with the rum).

As far as being drunk... While alcohol isn't exactly truth serum, it does take away inhibitions. In my experience, it amplifies your personality. For instance, get me drunk and my cares wash away, everything is funnier, and I am a very happy drunk. The angry seem to just get angrier, the depressed seem to just get more sad. Though I might tell a joke I would be too embarassed to utter sober, no amount of alcohol would make me hate a Jew. Yes Mel is responsible for what he said... then again, so what, he hates Jews. As long as he's not running a concentration camp I could care less. What everyone should be more concerned about is the lack of character it takes to get that bombed knowing you're going to get behind the wheel.

As far as you trying your own experiment with all of this, remember: Friends don't let friends drink

Alone.

Cheers!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Mike said...

So I was thinking "putrid" behavior and I spelled hated as hatid... Neither drive nor type when thinking about drinking.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home