Friday, November 19, 2004

Sayonara Microsoft!!!

Big news! Most of you already know about this but now I can finally talk openly.
My last official day at Microsoft was this Wednesday. Yes, we parted ways. My game studio here in SLC was bought out by a big bad ugly game company called !@%!*. I still think they are trying to keep this info secret. Whatever. No one cares, hello! What's funny is that I got slammed for supposedly having loose lips about this 'secret'. I haven't overtly said anything about this until now. Anyway, the new guys make some of the most offensive games put out on the market. Not a place I want to be associated with. Lucky for me they didn't want to be associated with me anymore so I got a severance package. That was a blessing. Much better than just quitting cold turkey.
What is really ironic is that I turned down a job offer by this company earlier this year during my year long quest to leave MS.
So, so long MS. I had several years working for the MAN. I was part of the evil empire etc. I had 'some' good times, but really, it was all a nightmare. I have now woken up and I am happier than I have been in years. Thanks MS, for booting me out the door and helping me to breathe the sweet air of freedom.
Of course, freedom comes with a price as our brothers in Iraq are finding out right now. My MS stress has been replaced with a 'self-employed' stress but it feels oh SO much different. Check out my next post to see what I have been up to and the direction I am going.

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

FINALLY!!! Nice post. I come back day after day, looking for news. It is pretty ironic that you interviewed with them earlier this year. Well, out with the old, in with the new

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home