Sunday, December 14, 2008

The End of The World As We Know It

Wow. I think the end is near. I ran across THIS story today.

Microsoft releases it's first iPhone App.


Microsoft released an image searching app for the iPhone and did so before releasing a version for Windows Mobile. Will there be a version for Windows Mobile? Doubtful. Read this quote,

"The iPhone is the most widely distributed phone with a (graphics processing unit)," Alex Daley, group product manager for Microsoft Live Labs, told TechFlash. "Most phones out today don't have accelerated graphics in them. The iPhone does and so it enabled us to do something that has been previously difficult to do."

I think that was a "no".

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger ipaulo said...

This is actually a cool app.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Okie said...

Microsoft has always known a good thing when they see it. Usually they just try to buy it up or recreate it (usually in the form of a half-assed job). This time they did the right thing and hopped on the band wagon rather than screwing up by doing their own thing.

I almost downloaded this app yesterday, but I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, so I skipped it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home