Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day?


Happy Turkey Day?
Everyone is posting about it and I feel left out. However, I'm wondering why everyone is spouting off about food and fowl and even Christmas. Christmas? Turkey is a decidedly non-Christian country. 99% muslim. What in the world would Christmas have to do with Turkey day?
Hey, I'm all for supporting the cultures of other countries and if it means we get together and eat a ton of food then I think that is awesome. But what about all the other countries? Why don't we celebrate Ireland day or Zimbabwe day? I'm not going to complain too loud because I love the Turkey national dessert, Pumpkin pie. Those turks are awesome! Happy Turkey Day!
Yurtta Sulh, Cihanda Sulh
(Peace at Home, Peace in the World)

5 Comments:

At 4:40 PM , Blogger Mike said...

Uh hello... Tomorrow is Zimbabwe Day.

Right?

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Kevin, my friend, I think you either 1) missed the point or 2) ate too much turkey.

 
At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a vote for Ireland day!

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Okie said...

nicely put. very astute.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger KC Junior said...

Gotta love it. Turkey day. Original. Booyah.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home