Thursday, February 07, 2008

On Politics and Profundity

Oh boy. I really have tried to just ignore politics this go around. However, with Mitt Romney being in the race until today when he 'stepped aside' I just couldn't ignore it altogether. If I wrote here what I really feel about Mitt and the last couple of weeks I would probably get arrested for making threats against presidential candidates over the internet. Yeah, I feel that strongly about some of what went on.
So, why am I writing about it? Well, my 'dear old Dad' said something very profound yesterday. I don't think he realizes how deeply profound it was. I'm seriously thinking about taking his advice.
Here it is:

"That's it, I'm not voting. It will just encourage the SOB's"

Now, I do somewhat adhere to the idea of being a good citizen and being involved in the 'process'. So, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to follow Dad's advice and not vote but here is my dilemma. If your choices are such that there is no one left to choose from that has any morals, is not a complete and utter lier or a low down religious bigot, then how in the world do you make your choice? Do I just try to figure out who 'sucks least'?

What the heck maybe I'll just vote for Billary and try to bring on the apocalypse just that much sooner. Then I won't have to worry about being in this situation again.
Hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home