Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gladys Knight for President!


She is a woman, she is black and she is Mormon.
I think that just about covers it as far as what America has to choose from this year.
Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? She would be the perfect candidate in this crazy 2008 election. How could America go wrong? Oh, "what about political experience?" you say? Well, it's pretty clear that isn't important to Americans if you look at the last several presidents we've elected. So, why not? Just think, presidential press conferences would actually be FUN! Get the Pips in there swinging their hips and maybe the press idiots on the front row might actually crack a smile. AND, if the economy is tanking she could just sing for us and make us all feel better!
And, I hear she is a great person.
I'm having a hard time seeing a down side here.
Yes, I am officially writing in Gladys Knight for president in the 2008 election.

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh...no. It makes me daydream we had a national band, musical style or genre that we all had to have, listen to, and once a year hear the all important concert wherein we interrupt them clapping 72 times. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

On a more serious note...what's up with McCain saying he's the most conservative that wins states by courting more moderates than anyone else? I wonder sometimes if the independents vote for the worst republican they can get to win so their choices are democrat or closest-thing-to.

/Soapbox>

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Mike said...

I'm in.

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Because of her Mormon affiliation I don't think she has a chance. But good idea, however. I would vote for "Big T" Thurl Bailey. He's big, black, and also Mormon. And he sings AND acts. Can you imagine those small punks in Iran, North Korea and Venezuela standing next to him?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home