Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wii



Nintendo announced the name of their new gaming console today. Code name 'Revolution' is now going to come to market as "Wii" (prounounced 'we').
Uh, I thought M$'s Xbox 360 was stupid but this really takes the cake. I'm sure there are piles of jokes that could be said about this name but everything escapes me at the moment. I think I am in shock. Maybe that is their strategy. To shock people with the name so they can't say anything about it. It worked.
A Nintendo exec said this :
"We think that after some time," Kaplan said, "people will become comfortable with it. But it will strike people as different, and that's what we're after."
This could go down in the books as one of the dumbest product names in history. Or, one of the smartest. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home