Thursday, December 03, 2009

ClickToFlash

Thanks to The Fireball, I just found this really cool plugin for Safari on OSX. ClickToFlash blocks all Flash until you click on the flash to start it. It makes pages load tons faster. My browsing speed experience just doubled if not more. Since most flash is for advertisements I don't really miss much. If I want to see it I just click the flash button and it will load and run the flash. I don't use a laptop but this would increase battery life exponentially. Flash is a resource hog. For those sites that you visit often and want to see the flash you can "whitelist" sites easily.
I hear FireFox has a similar plugin but don't know anything about it since I don't use FF. If you are "Foxtard" you're on your own.
Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM , Blogger ipaulo said...

Umm.. Foxtard? You're singing the praises of a plugin for Safari when Firefox plugins to do this have existed for years!?

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Kevin said...

Yah, I don't use inferior browsers. I am an elitist. I admit it. Safari is the best renderer out there hands down. I just cannot except anything else. I've tried FF, but it continually lets me down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home