Friday, November 20, 2009

My Courageous Kids

I went to a church sponsored talent show that my daughter has been preparing weeks for. As I sat watching her sing in front of a couple of hundred people I was predictably filled with parental pride. As I think about it more I am even more deeply impressed with the courage it took for her to get up and perform on a stage. She did not get this from me. I have never and will never grace a stage in front of any amount of people. Here is the video of the performance. It was taken with my phone and the sound isn't the best. Lots of noise from people talking etc. But you can get the gist.



As I sat last night pondering Shelby's performance I was reminded of my other child and his decisions and efforts lately. His courage to leave home and live in a college dorm with a total stranger was nothing short of courageous as well. It's not an easy thing to do. I did it and remember how hard it was to leave home. He has also made the decision to serve a volunteer mission for our church and will be leaving for 2 years in Taiwan next March. Giving 2 years of your life in service is a courageous choice.
Today I am proud of and in awe of my 2 very courageous children.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger Mike said...

That was AWESOME... Way to go Shelby!

... and to all the people around you TALKING during her performance: TOTALLY RUDE.

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Quelly said...

Shelby rocks!!!! I am so incredibly proud of her!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home