Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Premature Decoration


Time for another "Rant O the Week". The last couple of weeks I have seen many of my neighbors out hanging Christmas lights and decorations on their house. Makes sense, it's only a couple of weeks till Thanksgiving, the holidays are fast approaching. However. Let me say that a little stronger. HOWEVER. These same neighbors (some, not all) have turned their lights on at night. WHAT THE HELL??? It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Isn't 5 weeks of lights enough to celebrate the holidays? You know, turn your lights on the night after Thanksgiving and off the night after New Years Day. These decorations do not in any way represent Thanksgiving. If they did I would say, "Oh look, how nice, someone has decorated their house to celebrate Thanksgiving!" That would be cool and would be OK with me. But 2 months of Christmas lights is not OK. This drives me crazy. I think these "premature decorators" should be punished. I say we gather them all up and dress them up in Pilgrim clothing and make them walk around the neighborhood singing "I killed Thanksgiving".

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Mea Culpa! I hate Thanksgiving! I'm sorry, but I really do for so many reasons. Come over, and I'll tell you a sad tale that will help you forgive me and see why I'm celebrating Chrsitmas early!!! :)

 
At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Dad said...

As you well remember I don't "decorate" until December 15

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home