Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Big Brother



BIG BROTHER is alive and well. I just ran across this article and probably for the first time it kinda creeped me out. I've seen Big Brother'esque things talked about before but none of them really seemed to scare me or worry me. This one does.
What it is is a technology that has been developed to read license plates on moving cars. The talk is that cameras could be placed all over the place and could 'track' you by the license plate on the front and back of your vehicle. I don't like it. It makes me nervous that someone, anyone could follow me in this way.
I do like the idea that police can use this technology to look for stolen cars and even track sexual offenders. But I don't steal cars and don't sexually offend so I'm not comfortable with this level of surveillance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home