Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Surprise!


So, last Saturday was my 40th Birthday. Many of you know and were at the old 'surprise the forty year old and see if we can give him a heart attack' party. I suppose being the center of attention and being embarrassed is ok once every 40 years. I am vowing to die the 'morning' of my 80th birthday to avoid the same fate as Saturday.
Seriously though, I really enjoyed it. I loved having a huge percentage of my 'best' friends all in one place. It was sooo good to see all of you and party with you. I needed it. Believe me, after this last year I really needed it. Perfect timing and everything.
It was interesting to look across my Dad's backyard and see all of my friends and family. I am so lucky. It hit me that I have some really really great friends and loved ones. Some great souls. I have no doubt that if my mind were opened to memories of the pre-existence I would see that I have been placed among some of the mighty and great spirits that will ever walk on this earth. I think about that a little and wonder why I have been so lucky. I think Heavenly Father loves me so much that he placed me near all of you so I could learn from you. Learn how to be great.
Thanks for a great birthday. And, thanks for letting me know you. I hope to live to be worthy of it someday.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM , Blogger Russ said...

Happy birthday buddy :)

 
At 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

See the whole magilla(BLACK SATURDAY-THEMOVIE) AT http://www.xmission.com/~sgc/blacksaturday/

Dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home