Friday, July 01, 2005

WOW

I saw Spielberg's 'War of the Worlds' last night.
AMAZING
Finally, a decent movie for the summer. I really enjoyed it. It lived up to everything you would expect from Mr. Steve and even more. I was literally on the edge of my seat.
With my luck regarding movies lately I can't wait to see all my friends and family absolutely hate this film. Oh well. I don't care. It entertained me. It was definitely worth my $3.75.
This film was so 'real' that I was actually scared. I didn't realize it until the credits rolled but I was sweaty and my heart was beating fast. Once I made this realization another quickly replaced it. That realization was I needn't be scared because there really is no such thing as 'little green men' from outer space that are going to come and 'get' me. I feel sorry for all those weak hearted people out there that actually believe in those 'little green men' or any other scary alien being from outer space. They just don't exist. The myth is perpetuated by the crazy, weak and cowardly science fiction that deluges us from every medium that proposes that somehow God has created intelligent sentient life in a form other than his. If WOW has a weakness it is this. If we can view this stuff for what it is, 'fiction' and nothing more then we're good to go. Whew, I'm glad to come back to reality cuz that film really put a fright into me;) Maybe Spielberg is a little too good at suspending disbelief and taking away the 'fiction' from Science Fiction for 2 hours.
Oh, and here's the irony of the summer. Tom Cruise, Mr. 'psychiatry bad, psychiatric drugs bad' plays a character that at the end of his journey needs some serious therapy and a truck load of drugs to deal with what he has just been through.
Anyway, enjoy the end of the world...or is it?

Peace out

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Mike said...

Ok. We need to get to the movies TOGETHER soon. We're waaaaayyyy out of sych lately...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home