Tuesday, July 19, 2005

She floats like a witch


I'm really starting to get nervous about our next presidential election already. Mostly because of all the talk about Hillary Clinton running for the spot. It gives me shivers every time I think about it. Not because she is a woman. Because she is a witch. I'm surprised she hasn't turned up in any Harry Potter book story lines yet. She obviously cast quite the spell on Bill to get him to marry her. Anyway...I'm getting distracted here. The reason I'm nervous right now is because of the below quote that I saw in US News and World Report today.

"I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge of Washington."
Hillary Clinton - rapping President Bush's policies and comparing him to the Mad magazine character.

I don't understand why it's 'OK' for people to get away with talking about our leaders this way. It is very disrespectful. I think this is one place that our founding fathers forgot about. Maybe they should have added something about being respectful into the Constitution in the first place, oh oh, and they could have added something about flag burning while they were at it. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.
I wonder what we can't see now that we will have to be fighting over and legislating over in 50 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home