Sunday, July 17, 2005

Goodnight sweet prince

WARNING! Harry Potter spoilers here!!!



So, I finished another HP book. I remember swearing that after the travesty of book 5 I wouldn't read book 6. B u t...
My wife and kids were so into it that I felt I had better read it quick so as not to ruin the surprise or whatever. Yeah, whatever. I have to say that J.K. Rowling has an amazing imagination and has created an incredible world. That is great. But, the story and the writing, SHEESH! I feel like I'm being dragged through this great world kicking and screaming and in the case of book 6 'sleeping'. It didn't get interesting until the last 100 pages. And what is with all this 'snogging'?!? I guess if I were 14-16 I might enjoy this and I guess that is who the intended audience is so I'll just leave it alone. BUT, I wish she would have left it alone.
So, yeah, Dumbledore supposedly has cashed in his chips. He's taking the ol dirt nap. I can see children all over the world crying and my dear wife will probably shed a tear or two in the next day when she catches up to me. It didn't surprise me and it didn't make me sad. Now if she had killed Harry or Hermione or Ron I probably would have been bummed. Snape? Snape can kiss my butt. Well, we'll see if J.K. leaves him as a bad guy. That's the thing with this series. She writes so much on both sides of the fence to keep you guessing that you never really know if it's final.
I feel beat up and dragged around by this book. At least it wasn't 900 pages like the last one. But, you know, it could have been 300 pages and it would have been better in my opinion.
Too many inconsistencies and holes that never get explained. Again, it's for 14 year olds so I guess you can do that in that level of literature cuz they probably don't care. But for me, it leaves way too many questions and I can't wait until Harry kills Vman to get this whole thing over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home