Thursday, December 27, 2007

To Resolve or not to Resolve

I'm thinking about taking a bold step and listing my new years resolutions here for all to see.
"A desire not written down is just a wish" I read somewhere once. Not sure who to credit for the quote.
I have learned over the years that you must write down your goals or you are doomed to failure. The question I am struggling with is whether to make my list public.
So, to my handful of readers/family/friends I ask what you think. Are you planning on listing your 2008 resolutions on your blog? Should I do this? Is it a good idea? Bad idea? The worry for me is that if I do this then if I fail I fail in full view of some of the people that mean the most to me. Or, will the pressure of putting myself out there motivate me more to actually fulfill my promises to myself.
Some food for thought, I would love to know what you all think.

6 Comments:

At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should do it, we all love you, if you fail we will still love you. plus if the pressure helps you to reach your goals then I think you should! good luck
tersta

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Quelly said...

my vote is yes - this way we will be able to be more of a support system for you. I know that we all love to tease but ultimately those closest to you want to see you succeed.

And, if you do I will too --

 
At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote Outlook reminders...it helps me to write in my journal...well...most of the time :) I'd still post them here. It'd give me confidence to do it as well.

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Failure? The only failure is the person that judges you for what they think you should or shouldn't be doing. That's failure. If it helps you and encourages you to be a better person, then I'm all for it. I haven't thought much about it but I'd be willing to post my 2008 resolutions.

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Being nearly perfect, I gave up resolutions.

I say keep it to yourself... No accountability means freedom baby!

 
At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true kindred spirit...love you mike, but I think being willing to put it out there for the world to see is a sign of how committed you are to the goal, whatever it is. How else can the rest of us come anywhere near your level of perfection?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home