Friday, November 10, 2006

Orson Scott Card - Empire

I ran across this article in Wired today. Orson Scott Card's next novel, 'Empire' is also an attempt at a franchise including a video game a possible feature film and other media. I haven't looked forward to a book coming out in a long long time and I think after reading a bit about it that I might be interested in this one. Even though the story is political in nature, red states fighting against blue states in a near future American civil war, it sounds interesting.
I also liked OSC's feelings about video games. Some of his thoughts mirror my own over the last few years. I hope that someone somewhere is feeling the same way and will do something about it. Although I have to say that after being in video games development for 7 years I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

3 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutley right. Thanks for the advice! :-)

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Okie said...

Thanks for the story...I've been thinking about Card lately and wondering what his next endeavor will be. I really like his writing and his ideas. I don't know if it's still in print, but there's a collection of his short stories out there as well that's a lot of fun...I've slowly been re-reading some of them as I have free time between school readings.

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Looking forward to this book and I like his take on video games. Their potential to tell a story while interacting with the player has so much promise with today's technology. It's going to take a real visionary to make that kind of change in the industry however...

InspiriPlay?
InspiriGames?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home