Monday, September 18, 2006

My Zune is bigger than yours

Ooo la la! MS really choked this time. It may not be a huge deal but it sure does make for some fun media coverage.
Basically MS's new media player dubbed the "Zune" has some not so nice connotations in French slang. The article is HERE if you want to read more. Evidently, 'Zune' or a very close pronunciation of that word in the French Canadian dialect is what parents use when they speak to their children about genitals. The closest translation in English would be "wee wee".
As I laugh my ass off about this one I'll leave you with my favorite quote from the article.

"All of Quebec has been giggling for the last couple of days at the thought of Mr. Gates swearing that there was an 80 per cent chance that he'd whip out his little zoune before the holiday season ...''

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Blogger Okie said...

That's beautiful...it should fit nicely next to a Wii under someone's tree.

I am often very confused about product branding and what possesses people to come up with the names they come up with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home