Monday, July 19, 2004

Re-Union


Saturday was a double whamy for our family. We had family reunions on both my Father and Mother's side.
It started with a surprise birthday party for my Grandmother on my Mother's side. She is 85. She is still going strong and to put it bluntly could still kick my butt. (There is a stronger more accurate way to say this but I'm trying to keep this G rated!)
My uncle came from Baltimore with his new wife for us all to meet for the first time. It was a wonderful surprise for Grandma. I think I can speak for everyone that we thoroughly enjoyed meeting our new Aunt Fran. We all were wondering and waiting to see what 'Uncle Botch' would bring home and we couldn't have been more pleased. Welcome to the family Fran!
The only sad thing was that we had to leave so soon for our other reunion. We really wanted to get to know Fran better and to spend time with some cousins we don't see too often.
Next, we sped down the road to the Cunningham Clan reunion. This year was special. We had a woman named Jenny Phillips come with her group and present a program called, "Journey Toward Zion." It was a music filled tribute to a group of Mormon pioneers that have been made famous for getting stuck in the middle of Wyoming in the dead of Winter. Hmmm. Pulling handcarts no less. I wouldn't want this to happen today driving in a heated automobile and they did it exposed to the elements. They were the Martin and Willey handcart company and I have ancestors from both companies.
The program was excellent and we had time to visit with family that we only see about once a year.
I believe families can live together forever. It is nice to be together in this life with those who I hope to be spending the eternities with. It was also a special experience to feel the presence of all those loved ones who have moved on from this sphere and are waiting anxiously for the rest of us to join them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home