Monday, March 02, 2009

Barry Manilow - WMD

A mall in New Zealand has resorted to using Barry Manilow music to chase away "mall rats". Unruly teenagers that hang around the mall and cause trouble. They figure the teens would rather be somewhere else than listening to Barry Manilow's smooth tunes wafting through the rafters of the mall.
My favorite part of this story is the quote from the mall's manager:

"Association manager Paul Lonsdale told The Associated Press. "I did not say Barry Manilow is a weapon of mass destruction.""

I wish my local mall would play Barry Manilow. I would go hang out there more often. At 43 I don't think I would cause much trouble.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Blogger R. Jeffrey Davis said...

I remember that you used to LOVE Barry. "With a little bit of soap....you can wash away...."

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Okie said...

Ah...how vunderful.

Barry was actually my very first concert back in the day. I remember it well.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Manillow eh? This opens up a whole arena of gift giving ideas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home