Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Day After Tomorrow


I saw it and it saw me. I have no idea what that means. It just sounded good.
Anyway, I saw "The Day After Tomorrow" yesterday. Or was it the day before yesterday? Ah, no, it was the day after the day before yesterday.
I liked it. Others I know didn't like it so much.
I enjoyed it. That is really all that means much to me in seeing a movie. Did it ENTERTAIN me. The science of the movie didn't bother me. I didn't even really think about it all that much to tell the truth. I don't go to the movies and 'believe' everything that is portrayed. I more or less view it all as fiction anyway. Even so, the science of the story was kind of cool I thought. I also enjoyed the special effects. They had me gripping the arms of my chair a few times. It was predictable I will admit. My biggest litmus test as to whether I give a movie the thumbs up or not is if it keeps me 'on the screen'. Meaning if at any time during a movie I 'realize' I am in a movie theatre or start looking around at the decor etc. then I'm not 'on the screen' anymore and that is a problem. This movie kept me engaged. It didn't hurt that one of my favorite actresses was in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home